05 May 2012

Anger


Rage rolles o'er a young man out of control,
Releasing his role; he rains in anger.
A light too right to fight reveals the hole;
Her loss lost him. He now faces danger.

Fear flows from the man o'erbearing, too bold.
Enforcing his role, he reigns in anger,
A dark, so stark, taking lights old and cold.
Their loss helps him last. He carries danger.

Peace pours through the old man whose eye is light.
Accepting his role, he reins in anger.
Lighter loads, in and out, keep bright his sight.
Darkness lost at last, he sees no danger.

Within your eyes, is light or dark what you see?
Of three paths, it's your choice which to be.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sonnet! (You totally triggered a English nerd reaction in me too) I was going through and finding all the internal rhymes, homophones, progressing themes, and alliterations for fun...can't say I've done that in a while :) May I ask what inspired it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, thank you. I think it is one of the best I've done in a long time. I thought of the rain/reign/rein idea over a year ago and thought it would be a lot of fun. Last month, during a devotional I think, I finally just started writing it and the number of techniques that came out really surprised me. I am happy :)

    ReplyDelete